Twilight Zone

I would just like you all to know that I show no pregidous when it comes to messing with people's heads. I am an equal opportunity pain in the butt. Christophe and I went to see the IMAX 3D version of A Christmas Carol (Don't do it! It was like a really bad carnival ride!) on Thursday night. Christophe is from France and has been to the states a few times but isn't a seasoned pro at it or anything and really should bhave been given some sarcasm amnesty....but no.

We walk into the theater and it's wall to wall, ceiling to floor, tween age girls, all dressed in their jammies, with their blankies and pillows waiting for the premiere of the new Twilight sequel 'New Moon'. Christophe is stunned and asks me what is going on. Without hesitation or though (in other words...business as usual) I say, 'Oh, this is where we keep our homeless girls. We keep the homeless boys at a different facility.' Sigh. I know. I've taken diplomacy classes. I know that a lot humor (especially my 'unique' brand of it) doesn't translate well internationally.

I smiled and looked at him and he had this deer in the headlights shocked look. (And not in a good way like when he saw the buffalo head hanging in a restaurant and I told him that it had run through the wall). We picked our way through the giggling gaggle of girls and I explained that I was just kidding and told him what they were really there for. I don't think he even heard the explanation as I could see the wheels turning in his head as to how he was going to convey this to his countrymen when he got home.

I didn't make matters better when we got to the car and discovered a post it on the windshield that just said 'Puppies aren't scary' written in green marker with little hearts around it. I read it and passed it to him. He looked confused and asked me what it meant. I said, 'It means that dogs that have just been born are nothing to be afraid of.' He said, 'I know, but why is this on your windshield (in that cute little Parisian accent of his). Now I realize we just left a building stuffed to the gills with girls. I was once a tween age girl so I can imagine a million scenarios as to how that particular note came to be attached to the windshield. But do I throw our a possible explanation as to how it came to be? No. I just shrugged nonchalantly and said, "I guess someone just wanted to let us know.' When I dropped him off he was muttering something about 'Crazy Americans.

So if you see something in a French tabloid about the US stockpiling homeless kids in movie theaters....um...yeah....that was me. Sorry!

Comments

Michelle said…
It's not your fault; someone in management should know better than to turn you loose with a foreigner!
MadCityMike said…
YES!!!!........DEFINITELY what Michelle said......
Lisa/knitnzu said…
That is so hilarious!!

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend