Primal Scream (Subtitle: Is It Monday Again Today?!?)


Why did I even bother to get out of bed this morning? It probably had something to do with a screaming tomcat sitting on my neck alternately screaming at me and grooming my nose hairs. The day has gone straight downhill from there and it's not even noon. I have the headache from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks. I poked my thumb THROUGH my Styrofoam coffee cup thus coating myself, my notebook and all of my papers with brew and sending a hazelnut-scented waterfall down the back stairwell onto some unsuspecting coworkers. Someone scammed the room I had booked for a meeting that I had set up for 15 people and I had to scramble to find a replacement two minutes before the meeting. My 'children' have picked today to pitch the business end of hissy fits at me regarding all sorts of earth-shatteringly important topics such as toner, spiral bound notebooks and the width of the lead in their mechanical pencils. All I want to do is go home and crawl back under the covers and not come out until it's safe....say 2010 based on the way it's going today. But since I can't do that I decided to come here, whine and beg for cyber hugs. Come one people...I need to feel the love!

Later
The Dear and Fluffy Lord hears all prayers apparently and things are looking up. I got an email from the Black Waters coffee company a few minutes ago. I love their coffee. In fact that was the very coffee that I shared with my coworkers just this morning in the stairwell. Here! Have some Black Waters...on me...and you! Anyway. I wrote them a note last week and told them that I really like their product. I do that sometimes. I remember how much I liked those kinds of emails when I was in Customer Service. They wrote back and asked for my address to send me a goodie basket! As it happens...I love goodies! Of course that changes the fan letter I wrote into a what would appear to be a shameless sucking-up letter, but it's the one bright spot in my day so I'll take it.

PS-Thanks for the Cyber Hug, Renee. Someone out there loves me! :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Here's a cyber hug for you!!! I feel your pain....although today my day doesn't officially start until 1845. Gotta love the night shift! I'm working at the worst hospital known to man!! Thank God I'm done with it next week...can't handle any more! I keep telling Chris that I need a pet, I figure it's cheaper than therapy!
Anonymous said…
Would have given you a BIG hug if I could have got my computer to connect to the internet! Two days and finally figured out that I had to power cycly my modem, who knew? Anyway, keep up the good work.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend