A Quick Hello

Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I've been out of commission for the last week or so (8 days now, but who's counting) and believe me, you wouldn't have wanted to hear what I had to say about those last eight days, let alone see photographic evidence!  I'm starting to come around now so I whipped up a recipe for supper that has been floating around 'Pinterest' for a while now; Sweet and  Spicy chicken. This is the second time I've made it. It's wicked simple and uber tasty and holds lots of possibilities; salad topper,  in a taco shell with all the usual taco stuff, with rice and veggie as an Asian style meal or with potato and veggies and a weekday supper.  I put the recipe with pictures over on my recipe site-Molly Bee's Kitchen.

I did get a bit of knitting done during my confinement. I finished one Finorkin' FiddleHead Mitten. Be kind... it will look better after it's blocked.

and am on the thumb of the second.
See the problem?  I have quite a bit of thumb left and only that little-bitty ball of light grey yarn left.  Will I make it? Oh the suspense!  Come on people, this is ME we're talking about.  I will have to search for and buy another entire skein of the same yarn in the same lot number  because I will be short about a 6"piece! Maybe even less....I'll probably make the last stitch and not have enough to weave in! You'll be seeing some fancy spit-splicing then if that's the case, lemmetellya!

I've also been picking away at the cable sweater. It's slow going. And Jen and I are doing a crocheted sheep knit along. Been doing a little drawing, but not much and lots of reading! I read 6 hardcovers last week!  Lemme know if you need book recommendations because I read some stellar ones!

Anyway, that's all there is for now. I'm feeling better all the time so will try and update more often.  What have YOU guys been up to?

******************************************************************
(Later)
Such a lot of fuss over nothing! I had plenty of ash colored yarn left over!

Comments

Barb said…
Oh My....hope you are ok??? Six Hardcovers?!?!? Must have been serious. Your mittens are lovely. I am plugging away at a second sock. I'm almost done...will probably knit whilst watching Poirot tonight. :O)

My excitement for today was canning 7 quarts and 7 pints of venison, doing chores, making home made pizza and getting frustrated because I was suppose to take my very first online webinar class Sacred Trees - Medicine Trees from Gail Faith Edwards (she's from Maine, btw). I couldn't get any sound, seemed to be connected correctly but no sound. Lots of fb messages back and forth and finally listened via telephone. So disgusted.....until I found out the problem was simple...cats Thomas and Diddy had unplugged the speaker wires when they were tussling under the computer desk. CATS!!!

Take care of yourself! Oh, what books did you read?
Those mittens look amazing, Im very impressed. I hope you have enough yarn though! It's so annoying when you're a tiny bit short
MadCityMike said…
Glad to hear that you are doing fine again.....not that I knew otherwise, but happy you are back.
Beautiful job on the mittens!
Sara said…
I'm so happy to hear and see that you're back among the blogging! (I had every faith that you would have enough yarn.) Next a list of those books that you would recommend would be appreciated! Knit and doodle on!
Sara

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend