Weekend Update

We had a house guest this weekend. The lovely Tapanga (ie: Pangaroo to her Aunt Molly Bee) from upstairs stayed with us for a couple of days while her daddy was out of town. She's my kinda girl. She played with Ben for a while until he bugged her a little too much and then one snap put him in his place. She would cozy down for a rest and then after a while she was ready for another dose of the silly sogginess that is Bengaroo. Look at that face. I know right! Awwww! What a sweetie.

I made brownies a little differently-put Andes Candies in the middle and the rest of the batter on top. Got two thumbs up from the neighbors.

I spent all afternoon this afternoon making Oreo truffles. I decided to roll them in sugar and cocoa instead of dipping them in chocolate like I usually do. I put some in little tins for friends:

And the bulk of them will be used in our cookie/candy exchange at work this week.

With the exception of mailing two boxes (they are already packed) I am OFFICIALLY done with my holiday gifting and baking!
And this just in from the East Coast. My Mum actually FINISHED knitting a pair of socks she started last time she visited. She always starts a pair when she visits and then goes home with half a sock and the best of intentions of finishing the pair....but until recently she hadn't gotten the knitting bug. She's on a roll now as evidenced by this artistic shot she took of her own feet! Mum and me? We're gettin' 'er done!

Comments

Anonymous said…
::wipes drool off her keyboard::

Those brownies look excellent!
Michelle said…
Oh dear; I think I'm going to have to track down your food blog....
Michelle said…
Help! I can't find it! I.Need.Chocolate.Recipes. Fast!
Lisa/knitnzu said…
ditto kat....

The only xmas we have going on around here is the mitts you sent! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!
Mum said…
Oh Oh... Didn't realize you would be launching my public photo career or I would have tried to get my "best" side instead of my feet! Oh well, the story of my life!
There better be truffles in my Christmas box or else!!
The Bees family jewels, also known as tootsies.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend