Whoa! Whoa!! WHOA!!!

I'm living life in the bonus round, People! I came thisclose to getting squished by a car Friday night on my way to The Ear for Knit Night. Once again, I have proven that Knitting is a dangerous sport! I was in the cross walk. Traffic in the far lane had stopped for me to cross (Thanks White Truck Guy!) and this little, old (apparently blind and deaf) dude pulled out of a side street to my left on two wheels at 90 mph. Had I not seen him and jumped back, he would have run square over me! And he never even slowed down! Not even when I slammed my open hand on the hood of his car and yelled a bad word. Really loudly! He was totally oblivious.
I didn't haul off and sock his car on purpose. Us little Yankee girls just automatically come out swinging when we're backed into a corner and poked with a stick! Even if the perp is a ton of metal with a Chevy logo on its back fender! As it was, I sprained my arm hitting the thing and spent most of the day Sunday on the heating pad. So even though I didn't actually get hit, he still managed to wing me! No matter though. Once I got over the scardey-ness, I got to experience that high you aquire when you really GET the fact that everything can change in a heartbeat.

Saturday I went to lunch with Friend Donna and then downtown to get a Christmas gift for my boss. It was mighty cold down there, but beautiful around The Square. Someone has been feeding the squirrels on the Capitol grounds and there was a veritable rodent convention going on! This photo does not do justice to the sight that we beheld. Each squirrel weights, conservatively estimated, 2 ga-zillion pounds. No. That's a lie. My mother has told me 10 gagigabillion times not to exaggerate. They were closer to a ga-thousand pounds each. There were easily 25 on one tree. And they show NO FEAR. When you walk by, they look you up and down, sizing you up. Humans look like too much of a challenge to each one individually, but it's only a matter of time before the concept of strength in numbers occurs to them.

Keep feeding them, Whoeveryouare. Woe's the day when they get hungry...


Saturday night was Mike and Hef's Christmas party. It was a blast; great food, games like 'Decorate the Christmas Cookie' and 'Human Christmas Tree', presents for all and so many new folks to meet including these guys:

Thing One and Thing Two


They were just a hoot and a half. Christmas is so much more fun when you have little kids around. Especially when they are just shy of two years old. So easy to mess with their little minds.

Why I was having such fun that I even loosened up and partook in a 3rd of a paper cup of champagne. I figured I might as well since I only had to walk down stairs to get home!

Thing One didn't handle her liquor as well as I did. When you're too short to reach the lampshades, sometimes you have to improvise.

Sunday I went to New Glarus to have brunch at Toffer's with Joe and Steve...


I love N.G.! I love the drive down and then it's such a cute-n-cozy little village once you get there. I highly recommend breakfast at Toffer's. The breakfast was second only to the wonderful company. By the time breakfast was over, I literally couldn't move my arm so I spent the rest of the day on the sofa with the heating pad; napping, doing the NYT crossword and watching Benjamin Button with my buddy Ben. (Thank goodness I discovered that I can still knit if I adapted my approach a little.) It was good to decompress for a half a day after another wild weekend.

Things should slow down some this week. Don't have much planned...with another big storm on the way, I won't be traveling. Got some snuggly red yarn and plan to knit myself a cable scarf and some mittens to go with my new jacket. That's right! Knitting for myself what a concept!

Hope you all have a lovely holiday week and remember to be fleet of foot and look both ways before you cross the street! Happy Christmas!

Comments

MadCityMike said…
Sounds like little Yankee girls who walk about town "softly", should walk with "Big Sticks" (size 50 knitting needles....yes, they make that size, "I" didn't exaggerate). ;)

http://www.fibergypsy.com/common/needles.shtml

I do hope the arm is now feeling better. Don and I hope that you have a wonderful holiday as well.

No CSM here yet....gotta save a bit for one of those. I don't think Santa has one headed my direction this year. :(
Cindy G said…
Glad the car missed you, sorry you weren't able to put a big honking dent in his fender.

So how can I live this close to New Glarus and not know Toffers? I really need to get out more.... (though in truth, when I do I have a real passion for the Glarner Stube).

Have a very Merry Christmas
DPUTiger said…
You lead a more exciting life than just about anyone I know. Glad you're (mostly) OK! Would be much more boring blog reading without Molly Bee! :-)
dale-harriet said…
All's I can say is "WHOOOAH!! Well, you know this time of year we old bubbehs go all over verklempt; let me just say, remember that I loves ya, Yankee gal. (Wusht you'd a got his license plate; where I come from --North Dakota-- almost hitting someone's friend is grounds for.......oh, you don't want to know. What North Dakota lacks in scenery it makes up for in imagination.)
Anonymous said…
Whew! Glad you dodged that bullet.
Kitty Mommy said…
Hee. Them toddlers am cheap drunks! ;o)

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend