- Avoid close contact with others who are sick. (Shun and ostracise your coworkers. Got it. Check.)
- Stay home when you are sick. (Shun your neighbors too. Pretty straightforward. Check.)
- Cover your mouth and nose. (Will make it difficult to work, not to mention breath, but o.k.)
- Clean your hands. (Difficult to do while they are over my mouth and nose but I'm pretty dexterous with my elbows. Probably doable. Check.)
- Avoid touching your nose or mouth. (This is where I got confused 'cause number three says....)
My kids worked out that you only have to cover your mouth and nose until you die from lack of oxygen and then you don't have to worry about getting the flu....and just that easily we discovered the cure for H1N1! That's how science works!
In other news...the front page of the hometown newspaper had an article about folks in Maine sailing pumpkins: http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/124863.html. I sent the article to my kids commenting that anyone could chuck a pumpkin (they're big on trebuchets out here) but it takes a rare breed to sail one. One of my kids allowed that if the seas were rough enough he could probably sail and chuck at the same time! That's why I come to work in the morning!