Tag I'm It!

Elizabeth tagged me with this cool MEME. It's a little more thought provoking than some I've seen so I thought I'd give it a shot! Here are the rules:


Rules:* Answer at least three of the questions. Yes, I know a few look time-consuming and there are several of them. That's why I only ask for three. See? I'm nice!* Post them and the rules on your blog, and please link back to me here. Pretty please?* Comment here telling me and the rest of our little party where you're at and link to yourself.That's all!* Oh yeah, don't forget to tag others!



What's the last book you read that you thought was really super, inspiring, you'd recommend it to most anyone?
I really love Stillness Speaks by Eckhart Tolle. I will never be able to achieve inner stillness. The chatter in my head is even more prolific than the chatter that comes out of my mouth. Hard to believe I know. But I like the thought that I may master inner stillness someday. Maybe in the nursing home. Meanwhile Mr. Bee is just hoping for outer stillness until his TV show is over.

What food totally grosses you out, you'd never be able to touch it? Ew. Gag. *hurl*
Of course this one comes with a story attached. When Mr. Bee and I went to Milwaukee for our post wedding shower with his side of the family, whom I'd never met, they had the prettiest table laid out; salads and nibbles and decorations. And right in the center of the table, a huge raw hamburger shaped like a heart with onions all over it. I thought, "Awwww, isn't that sweet, someone's gonna go throw that out on the grill..." Not so much. The Milwaukee crew tucked into it RAW! Spread the raw hamburger and onion on little pieces of bread and called it 'Cannibal Sandwiches'! I kept waiting for Alan Funt to jump out and tell me it was a joke on the new kid.
Mr. Bee's favorite roast beef hash that comes in a can (and I actually believe IS Alpo dog food) is a close second.



Did you ever watch a scary movie that frightened you so much you were afraid of the dark afterward? I mean like you're lying in bed trying to sleep, but you have to pee, but you're scared to get up. It doesn't have to be recently; could be when you were a kid. So what movie was it?
I'm ashamed to say that it happened recently and with something so tacky as that Ghost Hunters show on Sci-Fi. I swear to God I saw that doll's facial expression change! Just before her head spun all the way around. I ran in and jumped on the bed and made Mr. Bee turn out the lights after I was safely tucked in under the covers. Mr. Bee is immune to facial-expression- changing-head-spinning demon dolls from H-E-Double Hockey sticks! That's why I married him. He keeps me safe from the paranormal stuff. I have enough trouble dealing with the just day-to-day normal stuff.


Is there a song that makes you dance every time you hear it? Would you tap you feet and sing along to it in public?
Pretty much all of them. Mr. Bee just wishes I would actually learn the words. For instance he is pretty sure that the lyrics to Billy Joel's River Of Dreams don't go:



"In the middle of the night...
When I'm walking in my sleep....
In my fuzzy, furry jammers....
With the funny bunny feet..."


He's also pretty sure it shouldn't be sung quite as loudly...but I beg to differ. On both counts.

Singing aloud runs in the family. I was once in a grocery store with my Grammie Mildred many moons ago, when the Muzak version of 'Voulez Vous Coucher Avec Moi Ce Soir' came on and she started singing it out loud. I was in high school and I still remember it. That's right. My little 4'10" Grammie pushing her little grocery cart and singing dirty songs in the cake mix aisle. How did she know the words to that song?!? She's a GRANDMA! I know. I'm still in therapy; scarred for life.

Tattoos: yes or no? Do you have any? Tell us! Do you think they're gross? TELL US!
I don't have any but I've often thought of getting a little one in a place where no one would see- like my hip. I even drew one up. It would either be a Celtic knot, the phrase "One starfish at a time" or simply dates that are significant to me. I'm allergic to nickle and unnecessary pain though so I'll probably never go through with it.

I don't think they're gross on others. Mr. Bee has a mighty fine dragon on his left forearm. Some just seem ill advised. I just keep thinking, what is that going to look like when you're 80? They way things are going in my life, any tattoo inked today would be significantly lower in 5 years!

When's the last time you laughed so hard your ribs ached and/or you nearly peed yourself? What made you do it?
Mr. Bee and I set each other off all the time over the stupidest things. Things that never make sense if you try and re-tell it. We almost ditched the car one morning over a botched attempt at singing the Well Fargo Wagon song. See! I told you it's not funny in the retelling!

Draw or doodle a picture of your pet(s) and post it if possible. Nothing fancy, don't be shy!
My doodle of Bentley would just be one big blur;he is in constant motion. Miss Holli wouldn't look at me long enough to draw her, so I'll just post this picture of them from this weekend.

The neighbors across the way adopted a beautiful red husky this weekend; 9 month old Rocky. Ben and Hol spent the entire weekend sitting at the edge of the lawn 'singing' (talk about loud and not knowing the words!) to get his attention or like this on the love seat, pining for him out the window. This is how I would draw them...back to. I could never draw their adorable faces!

Go through a stack or box of your old music. Stuff that you may not have heard in years. Pick one and tell us about it. Is it as good (or as bad) as you remember?
Billy Joel...Yup! Still as good as I remember. I don't remember that the lyrics went like that though. But I can't really tell, it's not loud enough.

Do you still sleep with a stuffed animal? We won't laugh!
Depends on how much Mr. Bee has had to eat for dinner!

Well, it was fun for me, memory lane and all that. Don't know how fun it was for you to wade through it! I'd like to see how Mel, Beth, Dale-Harriet, and Jen would answer. No pressure but it's really fun! Ok...pressure!




Comments

Elizabeth said…
You are always funny! How do you do that? Same material I had to start with and you have me laughing while I put everyone to sleep.

Granny in the supermarket singing along with voulez-vous couchez avec moi...(why did they use the formal/plural "you" for that song? That seems extra inappropriate, ya know?)
Mel said…
Hmmm, I'll see what I can do.

My verification word for this comment is "tidymaxu", which sounds like a Japanese cleaning product.
Cindy G said…
Challenge recieved, I go get working on it.
Kitty Mommy said…
Mymy meme isis herehere.

And the visual of Grammy in the grocery store: priceless!
Anonymous said…
And I'm tagging you back with a different meme.
Swrdnstn said…
Thanks for all the insight! Mr Bee is one luck dude. Your writing is worthy of British publishing. (I don't know why I said that just seemed appropriate.)

We also wish that we were able to visit again. (Instead of "more often" as once in the next ten years would be "more often" lol) If you ever get the cankering to leave beautiful Wisconsin and visit crazy California you are welcome at our home!

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend