Bugs: Gastro and Knitting

This pretty much sums up the general atmosphere at Chez Bee these days. I had some kind of gastro bug last Wednesday and Thursday and never being one to not share (way to double those negatives MollyBee), promptly gave it to Mr. Bee who has been at home the last two days cursing my name. A lot of folks at work are being felled as well. I don't know if I'm the actual, original, Typhoid Mary ( I could be working off some bad leprechaun karma) or if someone else had it first, but it looks like everyone will get their turn with this one. Nasty little bugger. Gotta love that recycled office air!

I have one of the Cascade Tulip Socks finished. There was a bug in the pattern. I'm pretty proud of discovering it, figuring it out and fixing it before I confirmed it with Bentley's hero, Heather, down at The Sow's Ear. I really like the pattern, but if I were to make them again, I would do a ribbed top and not seed stitch because I just tried it on once and the top is already floppy. Actually the floppy top looks a little lacy-like in this photo. I kind of like it.


If you tilt your head to the right, squint and look through the make-believe binoculars that you make with your hands, you can see the tulips...kind of. The ones on the sample at The Ear were much nicer.
I have so many knit socks now that I am contemplating getting a pair of Birkenstock sandals to show them off in this fall and winter. I usually wear boots to work and change into house shoes when it's snowy anyway. It's pretty granola but folks have seen me wear every style and color of Croc type shoes, I don't think funky socks will shock them too much! They've come to expect the unexpected where I'm concerned.


I just signed up for a stole knit-along that starts in October. I'm excited because I've never done anything like this with knitting before and a little scared because I am such a fledgling lace knitter. It's called The Secret Of The Stole and it sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun! It sounds a lot like a 'mystery quilt' which I have participated in once before but that was a disaster. This one sounds much more organized. Am anxious to get started and I still have a month to wait!

Off to knit my second sock and tend to the sick and wounded....

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Hoping for a speedy recovery for Mr. Bee. That kind of bug can be the longest 48 hours of your life.
Sus said…
I hope all the Bees are soon hale and healthy again. The tulip socks look great! I think the Birkenstock idea is good -- show 'em off!
Anonymous said…
Glad to have you aboard the Secret of the Stole KAL. Thanks for joining!
peaknits said…
Hope that you feel better soon! I like the tulip socks (and kudos to you for finding the bug while having a bug!) I am off to Hilldale Friday for a pair of open backed Dansko clogs just to show off my socks this fall - I find so few other reasons to go to Hilldale:) Where else can you spend $100 on the cheapest pair of shoes? (Luckily, for justififcation, Dansko's last forevah!) I also joined the stole - we should meet this fall at the Ear for some shawl knitting:)

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend