Apple Dumplings, Sushi and Lint Balls

Made a bang up supper tonight. Mr. Bee is still reeling and wondering what I did that I am trying to atone for. Chicken Paprishka, home-made spaetzel (which Ive never tried before and was messy but fun and tasty) and Apple Dumplings for dessert. It was like a Thanksgiving feast! I’m glad he liked it because from the amount of leftover chicken, we’re going to be eating it all week. The Apple Dumpling recipe was one my Mother-In-Law sent down last week. It sounded so good I just had to try it. It was easy to prepare, came out beautifully and was very yummy. I could have eaten half the pan but I was a good girl and just had a little and foisted the majority of it off on my next door neighbors!
Here’s a picture of what's left. It’s a crappy picture-my speciality. Apple slices wrapped in crescent rolls sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon and baked in 7UP. YUM!

This weekend has been 60-70°’s and beautiful. We walked the dog about a million miles and threw the ball enough times that he finally got tired, took his ball and went home. I didn’t even think that was possible! We got him another ‘indestructible’ dog toy that he ‘destructed’ in less than 24 hours. This one was an octopus names ‘Sushi’. It was made out of ballistics material. It lasted about as long as actual sushi. That is the end of the ‘babies’. Only hard rubber toys from now on.


The cat was so disgusted with the incessant gnawing and Sushi screams that he tried to mail himself to another country.





I’ve worked a little bit more on my sock from H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks. I cannot begin to describe how much I detest this yarn. It’s weird because I haven’t been overly anxious to finish any of the other eleventy-million projects I’ve started lately, but I am heck-bent on finishing these socks when I should just pitch the whole works in the garbage. It’s that bad. Dirt, little, lint balls stuck everywhere!

Well, off to watch the new Discovery Channel special on The Planet Earth. It looks great! Maybe it will distract me from my yarn problems and the apple dumplings that are left!!!

Comments

peaknits said…
I laughed out loud at your cat trying to mail himself out - a dog'll do that to a cat. My slightly looney feline has taken up permanent residence in his "basement apartment" since our dog moved in. He'll have none of that'

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend