Rats! Rats! Double Rats!

I ran out of fabric for my super secret project (as usual) and decided to take a stab at a wee foundation pieced mini block. After only an hour and a half of tracing templates, cutting strips, sewing and ironing, flipping and folding I got this little lovely.



Isn’t it the cutest thing ever? And absolutely useless! Why? Because even though the instructions repeatedly begged me not to, I still insisted on cutting off the quarter inch seam allowances all around the outside so I can't sew it to anything else. So what have we learned? We have learned that cute, mini-blocks are indeed possible and that we should establish a quilting cut-off (pun intended) time of sometime before 10 p.m. when all available brain cells are still awake and firing! That's right...I perform these experiments so you don't have to....Guess it's back to the old sewing machine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend