Quilt To Do List

Finally finished my 'Cardinals In Maine Pines' quilt! Each cardinal is appliqued on and has embroidered pine branches and bead work under it. That's what took so long. But it was apropos that just as I finished it, I could hear two male cardinals battling for territory in the back yard.



So after I finished I was itching to see what I could start next. I went downstairs to poke around my quilty kingdom and found that I need to :








Rip out all of the machine quilting I did on my 'Robbing Peter to Pay Jack' quilt. I really muffed it and there are a lot of warps so it's back to the drawing board on that one.










Tack all of my elements down on 'Mattawamkeag Lake Landscape', put a border on, batt and quilt it.









Finish machine quilting the 'Loons In The Cove' wall hanging.













And last but not least, batt, back and tack this Dutchman's Puzzle couch throw.


Ummmm...so I guess I won't be starting anything new for a while even though I have eleventy-million ideas.

Today is too nice for quilting. We took Ben to the dog park for a bit where he was an absolute goofball. Seems like all of Dane County had the same idea and it was a dog circus out there. He ditched us right off the bat to play with this 47 billion new friends. He had a great time and is now laying exhausted in the middle of the living room fast asleep.

This week will be a busy one; Tuesday I'm having dinner with the long absent Mrs. M. We haven't caught up in a while so it will be nice to have a sit down with her. Wednesday it's doggie school for Bentley. Walking only since he knows the basic stuff, just not how to leash walk so well. He's getting better but we are looking for more tips. Thursday is Mr. Bee's birthday. I have a really cool gift and can hardly contain myself. He has chosen Takara for dinner so sushi it is! Then we have Friday off just as a day to play together. We usually do this one day in the spring. Then Saturday I am whisking Mr. Bee off to actually see his birthday gift. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!! I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Guess I'll go take a nap in the middle of the living room floor with Ben!

Comments

YarnThrower said…
Your quilts look GREAT! I especially love the landscape quilt. I didn't notice anything warped in the jack-o-lantern quilt, so now I'm wondering if I'm doing my quilting correctly, because the one you showed looks so normal to me..... Anyway, I think it is great that you have so many things you want to do that you don't have enough time for them all!
Elizabeth said…
What a gorgeous bunch of quilts. I hope you'll spend some time finishing at least one of them! It'll be such a thrill for you to have one done.
Anonymous said…
Ooof! I've never heard of someone ripping out their quilting before. That is dedication, and I admire it. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend