Spring Done Gone Sprung.

This week has brought a welcome respite from our Southern Wisconsin winter. It's been almost 70 degrees and sunny, the snow is all gone, our spring flowers are coming up and last night I heard PEEPERS (or as they call them out here, 'chorus frogs') when I took Ben out at bedtime. And this weekend we 'spring forward' so it will be lighter for an extra hour at night. Pure Bliss.

Not only are the spring flowers peeking their heads out, so are the neighbors. Everyone is out poking about the lawns and landscaping to see what got ravaged over the winter. The hypnotic pull of computer games has temporarily lost its luster and there are even kids outside playing! I know it won't last. Our neighborhood was a ghost town, kid-wise, all last summer.  I see tons of kids getting on the school bus in the morning when I head to work, but after school and on weekends there is rarely a kid in sight. They are all either micro-scheduled for ballet/karate/soccer/camp/etc. or parked in front of their electronic devices. What ever happened to the 'good old days' when we left the house in the morning, gathered up our friends and stayed out all day?  I guess there are advantages to being computer savvy but there were definitely pluses to being a 'free range kid' too. Times have changed...sometime I think, not for the better! At any rate, it feels like the whole world is waking up after hibernating all winter.

I have been staying outside until the last rays of the sun sink below the ridge and then working on projects inside after dark. I put the bunny together. He needs a face, but I just can't bear to give him eyes to see how pathetic he is; all lop-sided and over-stuffed like. I'll let him remain in the dark ( literally and figuratively) for a couple of days, thinking he's somebunny handsome before I shatter that charade and shine light on the situation. I can't decide which is crueler...sigh...to see or not to see, that is the question.

Almost time for knitting with a friend so I'll wrap this up. Get out and enjoy the warmth and sun and have a great weekend!

Comments

Mum said…
The Bunny looks very lovable to me.
Your crocus are calling for spring in a big way...Bring it on!
Anonymous said…
I love the colors of the flowers! So bright!

As for kids, they are not allowed to blink without supervision any more. And if one parent allows their children to have an unsupervised moment, other parents will jump on top of them scold both the parents and the children for their "irresponsible behavior." We are definitely losing something here.

Grumble, grumble.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend