You signed up on August 2, 2007 You are #22591 on the list. 775 people are ahead of you in line. 15884 people are behind you in line. 56% of the list has been invited so far
I am, oh I don't know, the naysayer here or something... I have been on for what to some would seem like a long time, but I rarely go in, because blogging in general is enough of a time suck. But it is nice to search patterns... Hope it is what you are looking for!
This week's challenge was a fun one. It was to use grids, which I do a lot anyway so this week's entry was pretty angst free: I did this week's challenge in my new art journal that is made with tan-toned paper. I think I really like it. It gives things a softer look. I might try and snag a brown pen and see what that looks like next. No grids in this one! This is unshaded but it was the first piece I did in the new journal. For once I pulled off an 'airy' piece that isn't packed with tangles in every square inch!
This week's Diva Challenge was to use Maria Thomas' awesome new tangle 'Schway'. It's probably all kinds of illegal but I'm going to cut and paste the directions here because it is just so nifty: Two simple steps make all of those arrows! I thought about not posting this challenge entry because, while I was so anxious to try this pattern-as well as take a much needed stress break, the resulting tile was less than stellar. In fact it down right stinks, but it did the job as a stress reliever anyway. My challenge rules are that I always go with the first attempt. Sometimes it works. In this here particular case....not so much. So to apologize, I will share this one that , while unshaded, I am much happier with. It's one of my favorite Maya Angelou quotes. I did it on Friday night at a coffee shop while I was visiting with the Knit Sisters. You can double click on it to make it a little bigger. If and when I get it shaded, I'll re...
Business first. This week's Diva Challenge was to use the tangle 'FLUX' in a tile. I've been working on the quote and main design in my doodle book for a couple of days now so I added FLUX to it. It's the plant like bits nestled in the border curves. I don't use FLUX much so it was nice to get acquainted with it. Maria's version of the pattern is on the top border and Rick's is in the lower border. Saturday was our Wisconsin Zentangle Artists' Coalition meeting out in Waunakee. I love this group SO MUCH! I wish the meeting was more than quarterly! It was nice to meet up with my doodle buddies again and see what everyone is working on and to learn new techniques. As an added bonus, the president, Katie, brought along a couple of special guests; two lovely, young women from the Latter Day Saints church who are here in Wisconsin on their mission. One of the girls is the daughter of Jimmy Osmond, Donnie and Marie's little brother. They were ...
Comments
I got to keep better track of all you newcomers so I can hunt you down and friend ya'll!