Quilt Expo and More Spinning

I went to Quilt Expo on Friday and guess what I bought? Lunch! Yup! That's it. I was sorely tempted to buy Tammie Bowser's quilted photograph software, but decided to be mature about it and try the shareware on her web to see if I like it before I go whole hog. Besides $10 to get in, $30 for three classes and $6 for a tiny slice of cheese pizza and a bottle of water for lunch and I thought I had spent enough.

This time around it seemed to be all about creative uses for charms-5 1/2 inch samples. It was interesting. Lot of stuff was interesting. But nothing really grabbed me other than the quilted photographs and the landscaping stuff. [By the way, if you were there on Friday, yes, that was yours truly destroying the set that Nancy Zieman (of Sewing with Nancy fame doncha know) and Natalie Sewell were setting up for their class. I had a bright idea about tacking cloth up on an easel that failed miserably and they made me come up on stage and try to fix it as it fell down around their ears. We basically geri-rigged it and ran gingerly away before it could topple again.]

This weekend has been all about spinning. I finished the Lincoln/Handspinning Mutt I got from Mo at Four Crows Farm. I dropped her an email and begged her to tell a poor newbie what the information on the label meant which she kindly did. I'm getting it slowly but surely. She invited me to go to her farm one day in October for a spin in. I really hope I can attend. Think of all of the knowledge in one room!

I started in on this...

this weekend and have it half spun up already! It's four oz. of merino top and silk. Oh. My. God. It's amazing. Off to go fondle it some more!

Comments

Cindy G said…
Oooh, pretty colors! Hope you'll post a picture of the finished product.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend