Meet Mabel Brett Jemaine

Meet Mable. She hales from the Jefferson County Sheep and Wool Festival although she was born in New Zealand where they know from sheep! (Her middle and last name are in honor of my favorite New Zealand folk duo, The Flight of The Concords). Mr. Bee bought her for me as a birthday present. She is a Baynes castle style Upright made from New Zealand hardwood. I am deeply in love. Can't say enough good things about the folks from Wool, Warp and Weft who gave me a lesson and sold her to me. Even threw in free lessons at their store down past Lake Geneva!

I also brought home a few balls of wool roving to run through her.


Mr. Bee surprised me by being a very enthusiastic color picker-outer.


Saw and hugged lots of animals. The only thing we didn't get to see was the herding dog trials. One lady said that they were going to herd baby ducks so it would have been a sight I'm sure. Kind of like me and my 15 'kids' at work. In fact I often refer to them as baby ducks on crack.

But here are some more pics of the fair in case you didn't get to go (click on 'em to make 'em bigger). Off to bond some more with Miss Mabel. *Bliss...sigh*








Comments

Elizabeth said…
Whoo HOO! You got a gorgeous wheel. Look at that! And a bunch of fiber to get started.

I kept an eye out for you but didn't see you. I'll just share your animal pictures, since I didn't take any of the animals; just my knittyboard friends.
YarnThrower said…
Congratulations! To be honest, I saw it coming, though I didn't realize it would be so soon. What a beautiful wheel! I know you'll have lots of fun with it and make beautiful things! I though about going to Sheep and Wool, but too much else going on here...
peaknits said…
I am admiring your wheel - and only in Lake Geneva huh? :) I am getting curious about handspun after years of denial. I can't wait to see what you come up with! And aren't those sheep just squeezable?!
Vicki said…
is that an angora bunnie??? I want one now.
Vicki
Anonymous said…
That is a WONDERFUL wheel you've got there. When I was wheel shopping, that was on the top of my list. (Couldn't fins one at the time.) You're going to be able to do some great spinning, especially with that NICE roving you got.
Congratulations! Now, what you gonna name it?

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend