Noelle Renae Browne

My honorary nephew, Sweet Willie Browne's, sister Noelle arrived on Sunday! 7# /4oz/21 inches long and absolutely adorable.  She gets that from her Aunt Molly Bee! (NOT!)

 Here are some pictures of the christening gown I made for her.  She received them yesterday so it's safe to post now.

Closeup of the bodice.

Full length view

I was a little disappointed when I realized as I was blocking it, that there were color shifts in the yarn even though it's white and all the same lot number. You can see where I started a new skein twice although it's not all that noticible unless it's laying flat. The yarn got a shiny thread running through it and I wonder if it has to do with which direction the skein was knit from-outside or inside-might make a difference in the sheen and be noticible. Don't know for sure.

I also knit little Mary Janes from a free pattern that I found on the internet. It was only when I was packing them that I realized that they both button on the same side. Doh! You get what you pay for pattern-wise!
So, see! There has been knitting. And, hold on to your hats, People! I'm posting ANOTHER finished project tomorrow!

Comments

Kitty Mommy said…
Oh noes! Does that mean she's destined to have two left feet? ;o)

Big congrats, auntie!
Lisa/knitnzu said…
Wicked beautiful! Now you need a pic of the beautiful Noelle in the beautiful gown, screaming and red-faced because somebody is dripping something cold and wet on her forehead.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend