Negative Space

I am trying my dangest to get out of drawing a square and completely tangling the inside of it. I look at others' designs and love the airy look of the negative space they've used.  I decided to start with baby steps and just draw a string with no border and try that. The result was 'Dragon Wings and Things'.
Well...It's not square, but it's approaching it and it's very densely filled. Still looks clunky to me. Next step, way less square with some areas in the middle not filled in at all....EEEEEKKK!

Comments

Sara said…
I know what you mean. Negative space usually means that eventually I have to fill it in. Nice art, though!
Michelle said…
Oh, I REALLY like this one! Don't try to look like others; you have your own unique vision and talent.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend