- If your 4 year old is running, strip stark naked, down the sidewalk towards a busy highway, and you're yelling "Tanner! Stop! Right! Now! I'm! Going! To! Spank! You!", you'd better be faster than Tanner because this tactic is not going to be very effective. [His Mom sounded so mad, I was yelling "Holy Crap! Run! Faster! Tanner! Run!]. You can catch more flies with honey...
- If you hold a hedgehog, you will reallyreallyreallyreallyreally want one. Molly Bee's First Law of Animal Holdage.
- Every single person you meet every day has something to teach you. Given enough time and thought, the gift of the lesson will be revealed to you. It's not always a warm fuzzy lesson. Some people are just put in your path to be a horrible warning!
- If you are waving a Frisbee over your head and repeating in a goofy voice, "Doyouwantthis?Youdodon'tyou?YouwantthisFrisbeedon'tyou?!??!" to an 80 # dog and you wind up on your butt in the mud covered with scratches...Yep, he wants it. If you ask a question, make sure you really want to know the answer.
- I've been kinda bummed about having to pay another $650 dental bill tomorrow. Today I was pleasantly surprised by an unexpected windfall that pays that bill and leaves me $100 to spare! The Universe will answer your prayers.
- Given that turn of events, I talked to the Universe about giving me a hedgehog. Sometimes the answer is 'no'.
What have YOU learned this week?