It's Groundhog's Day!

Well, Groundhog Day 2010 started with violence. I got up just before sunrise, looked out the window and saw my neighbor crouched over the groundhog hole with his Maglight torch trying to get an early indicator of what the rodent's prediction would be. The beam from the Mag was the next thing to halogen and lit up the neighborhood. I ran out in my robe and slippers and soundly beat him about the head and torso with a Louisville Slugger I keep at my bedside for just such purposes. He's not angry at me. He knows that the beating he would have gotten by causing a shadow with that darned light thus heralding 6 more weeks of winter would have been much worse! BTW. It worked. Sun Prairie's own Jimmy The Ground Hog did not see his shadow. YAY! Only a month and a half more winter instead of 6 weeks!!!

Comments

Lisa/knitnzu said…
hahahahahahahahaha!!!

You should see the ice on the river, it's pretty crazy! And you know the snow doesn't go away here (OK, from the big piles) until mid to late summer...
Elizabeth said…
Yep, 6 weeks of one, half-dozen of the other. I say, what's the alternative? 8 weeks? 10? 12? 6 weeks is getting off pretty light if you ask me.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend