Smarter Than He Looks!

Mr. Ben is all tucked in for the night and watching The History Channel. He had a long walk and a round of fetch. I accidentally threw his Frisbee in the tree twice and he sat underneath looking up until I untangled it from the branches. Then once I 'fake' threw it so he'd back off a little and he looked around and then ran under the tree and sat looking up. Guess he figured that's where it went before, that's where it must have gone this time! He's not as stupid as he lets on.

Last nights baking turned out fine. The pumpkin chocolate cake was OK if you're looking for something low fat (1 box of devil's food cake mix mixed with 1 (15oz) can pumpkin and put in a non-greased 9X13 and baked at 350° for ~30 mins. I also sprinkled a few pecans on top). It has the consistency of cake not brownies as promised and I can't really vouch for the taste because I got two bites in and realized that I still have no sense of taste. I suspect it would be greatly improved with a dollop of cool whip. But the blueberry pizza! Now that was a force to be reckoned with!

Squish a tube of sugar cookie dough into a greased pizza pan and bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes until golden:
Mix 8oz of softened cream cheese and 2 TBS sugar until smooth and add a 6 oz container of lemon yogurt. Spread within about a half inch of the edges of the crust:


Sprinkle with fresh blueberries and a bit of lemon zest and Ta Da!

It was light and delicious and made a bit hit at this morning's meeting. You can make it lower fat by using low fat/fat free cream cheese and yogurt. It would be awesome with any other fruit. I'm thinking particularly raspberries and coconut. Yum!
Well, off to curl up with the pup and watch some History. Have a great evening!

Comments

MadCityMike said…
I LOVE fruit pizza!!!! It is best for summer entertaining. Thanks for reminding me of its existence......I'm one of those "out of sight...out of mind" guys....with food recipes, I mean!!!!!! ;)
Johanna/Posieknit said…
The blueberry pizza looks great. I will have to try it out on my peeps. Glad to hear that you are doing better.
Cindy G said…
Strawberries and almond slivers? Nectarines? It looks absolutely yummy, and easy, my kind of recipe. Thanks for the procedure.
Lisa/knitnzu said…
Nom nom nom!!! Lowfat? why on earth would a person do THAT??
Cimorine said…
ooooo, I'd LOVE to try the blueberry pie with frozen blueberries! I think I'd use a cake consistancy, though. not sure, however. . . maybe just more cool whip and less crust . . . frozen blueberries are actually a lot tastier than when they're not. Blueberrries frozen are like nature's candy.
Anonymous said…
Oi. Parabéns pelo seu excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer um pouco de nossa luta contra o comunismo aqui no Brasil. Abração
Michelle said…
I just gained weight LOOKING! Ugh. BTW, you've been prized with “Honest Weblog.” Come on over to Boulderneigh to pick it up.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend