Christmas in Maine

Had a wonderful Christmas in Maine. We had a couple of storms along with some adventures in power outages and alternate heating, but aside from the glitches, it was so nice to spend time with Mum, Grammie and many dear friends. Marilyn stopped by one day to visit. We had a spaghetti and meatball supper one night with Elinor, Gail, and John and went to Art and Reneva's open house on Christmas Eve.  Gail and John went to church with us afterward and I read a part of the Christmas story during the service. It was different this year; read part of the story and then sing a related Christmas carol.  Silent Night by candlelight at the end. It was beautiful.

Flying home was an adventure with the big storm that hit the East Coast the day after Christmas. Bangor was beautiful, LaGuardia was dicey, but Detroit was a disaster. I met up with Steve at the airport. He was coming from Christmas with his family in Boston.  Our flight got cancelled and we ended up getting a room overnight and booking a flight for the next day to Milwaukee and  then driving home to Madison. It was a long couple of days, but we traveled pretty well together...at least neither of us was harmed... so it was all good! Thank goodness he was there with me. I would have hated to deal with all that alone.

Ben was glad to see me when I picked him up from the kennel. He was exhausted and so was I so a nap was the first order of business! Grammie sent him a hedgehog that made an odd honking noise... for about 5 minutes until he tore out its jugular. He hauls its carcass around everywhere, it's his new favorite thing. Sorry lady bug and Froggie!

Went to the barn last night and, despite the cold, it was so good to catch up with all of the feathered and fur babies again. The llamas are spending the night back in the barn again and let me pat them (after I bribed them with sweet feed), mini-pig princesses, Lola and Lucy, let me tuck them in beneath their warm blankets before I turned out the lights and went home. Even Maude the standoffish goat let me snuggle her. I like to think they missed me as much as I missed them.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and got to spend it with family and friends.  Have a safe and happy new year!!!

Comments

Lisa/knitnzu said…
Glad you're back home safely!

(I know those hedgies!...)

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend