Weekend Update

The Halloween party at work was a success. There was even one treat grosser than my Halloween fingers and that was this jello brain. I know...EWWWWW! But oddly tasty none the less! Would have gone great with fava beans and a nice chianti.
And this was my costume. Simple but effective. A tiara and a half full specimen cup tied around my neck. Know what I was? See bottom of post for answer...

I had to have blood drawn on Monday so I asked the lab tech if I could have a specimen cup and she gave me one and asked me what it was for. I told her what I was thinking and that I would fill the cup with apple juice for effect. She got all excited and told me to go with Juicy Juice Tropical Blend for more realism. I'll be darned if she wasn't right! Tastier too! You could tell she had thought about this before. I didn't ask for details as to why...

I didn't win the costume contest (even thought I volunteered to drink my own 'urine' if it would bump me up in the standings...) but I did win the pumpkin decorating contest. If you can't really see it, the pumpkin's eyes and ears are popped out, oozing and bleeding. There is a big hole in the back of his head with a little Nerf brain and head shrapnel that has blown out. I was pretty proud of using materials at hand at the office. Thank goodness I work with scientists. I found Mr. Potato head parts [I think they should heretofore be called Mr. Pumpkin Head parts because he looked waaay better in them than that moldy old spud ever did!] and the little Nerf brain in the department toy box and some salt water taffy on the treat table that I sculpted into the oozie bits. The prize was a rocking water bottle!
This weekend has been a busy one. Lots of little things to do around the house, taking down the Halloween stuff and putting up the Thanksgiving stuff, etc. I missed having trick or treaters come this year. We used to have have over a hundred at the house. One of the concession of living in a security locked building I guess.
Went to friends' house last night for supper and board games. They made the best lemon chicken and ribs in black bean sauce I've ever had. After supper we played Candy Land with their toddler which was absolutely hysterical. I would ask him for rule clarification and strategies for winning and he would reply with seriousness only a four year old can muster. If I had a set back, he would tell me not to get upset, that that's just how the game went sometimes. He told me at one point that he was 'somewhat of an expert at Candy Land'. (His dad just laughed and shook his head and said " I hate it when I hear my own words come back at me.") I was going to take a photo so you could see his cute little sweet self, but when I mentioned it, he just shook his head and said, "I'm not a big fan of pictures..." . Four going on 40, I swear! After he went to bed, we played a game I had heard of but never played before called 'Ticket To Ride'. I really liked it and will look into getting a copy for myself. My mum is coming out for Christmas and I bet she'd like it too.
I found a nearly finished crocheted baby blanket when I moved so I dug that out and have been working on the edging. Hopefully I will finish it tonight and have pics for my next post. Off to get the linens out of the dried and remake the bed. With it getting dark so early and all of those warm, clean sheets, I'll have to fight the temptation to crawl right in!
Oh yeah... I was 'The Princess and the Pee'...

Comments

Michelle said…
Very clever costume, although I guessed wrong (Queen Pee instead of Queen (Molly) Bee).
YarnThrower said…
Oh boy, was that BAD!! ...a real groaner! Where do you get these ideas? Sounds like you're keeping very busy!
dale-harriet said…
MOLLYBEE!! You ought to be asham....nope. You ought to be POWERFUL proud of yourself; I know *I* am powerful proud of you. I'm still working on the nerf brain in the "department toy box" -- are there any openings there for aging secretarial types? Or Old Receptionists? Or Corporate Grandmas?
MadCityMike said…
Sounds like the "treat table" at work must've been gruesome looking. Not sure if I'd have any appetite after seeing the brain and your "finger food".
Crystal said…
I love the costume! Ticket to ride is a very fun game!
Vicki said…
princess and the pea!!!!
so cute
peaknits said…
I love the costume - I used a urine bottle in a gag gift one x-mas - this little piggy went wee wee wee...hee hee! Of course, I observe urine screens on my job and I always want to "pre-load" one with juice and drink it up in front of a client, but it would probably be lost on them:)
I'm with Dale-Harriet. What manner of place is this in which you get $1,500.00 worth of gift cards and have pumpkin decorating contests and a toy box?
Cindy G said…
Grooooaaaaan!
(envious of your ability to come up with that one-very envious)

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend