Super Supper Soups

Tis the season for soup!!! I found the basic recipe for this soup online and tinkered with it a bit. It's delish!

Steak Supper Soup

  • 3 C chopped  potatoes (I used fingerlings and pretty much just halved them. I left the skins on. You could use any potatoes.)
  • 1.5 # good quality stew meat (not too fatty) chopped bite sized
  • 1 sm. onion chopped
  • 1 sm bag of frozen corn (not in original recipe-I added it.  It would be good with beans , peas or one of those bags of all three. Fresh chopped carrots would also work-I'm trying that next time.)
  • 3 sm cans of beef broth
  • 1 c thick brown steak sauce (not BBQ or Worcestershire sauce)
  • 1 TBS chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin. 
  • 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper if desired (I didn't)
  • Dry parsley if desired (I didn't)
Throw 'er all in the crock pot and let 'er rip for 8-10 hours on low. Doesn't get easier than that and Oh-My-Yum! Plus I forgot I made it so when I came home and smelled supper ready it was a pleasant surprise. I sprinkled a bit of shredded cheddar over the top because it is a state mandate in Wisconsin to add cheese to everything you eat. A dollop of sour cream would work too! Great with a piece of crusty bread.

It made a whole crock pot full so I had it for supper and put another bowls worth in the fridge. Then I froze 3 containers with two bowls each for nights when I don't feel like, or have time for, cooking. Try it! You won't be disappointed!

This is another go to recipe I use a lot. Cousin Rhonda first introduced me to it when I visited California.  It's quick and easy! I often double it for the crock pot.

Dad's Meatball Soup
1 14 oz can beef broth
1 can Hunt's fire roasted diced tomatoes (undrained)
1 can water
8 oz frozen meatballs
1 sm. onion-chopped fine
1 c frozen mixed veg (corn, peas, beans)
1 tsp oregano or Italian seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Orzo or other small pasta
Salt and pepper to taste

I have made this on the stove (because it was quick) or let it go all day in the crock pot. Either way it's yummy! Really good with fresh crusty bread or corn bread

Enjoy! Happy Winter Soup Season!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Yum! Trying the top one!
Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend