Not So Artsy Lately

With the busy holidays and the inevitable crash after, I've not felt very 'arty' lately. While Mum was here, I framed up some completed pieces that I had done for the art show at my company.

Green Mandala


Orange Mandala

                                                                Blue Mandala





























                               Weird Science


Mostly I've been knitting. Mum and I both knit up a storm while she was here. The frigid weather just called for it! My new year's resolution was to completely use up the skein of sock yarn when I make a pair, so the first skein of the season yielded a pair of women's medium socks, a pair of toddler socks (given to the toddler next door) and three pairs of mitten ornaments (the two not pictured were given to friends before I could take the picture). There is a small ball left over that will go with the socks for darning if needed. Actually I knit another pair of toddler socks but didn't have enough to complete the second pair so frogged them and made the mittens.



I thought this was a great idea, using all the yarn, when I came up with it, but let me tell you, those little extras I knitted seemed like they took 3 times as long as the big socks took and there always seemed to be more yarn! I thought I'd NEVER get to the end! I was telling Mum how I no longer thought it was a very good idea, and she suggested I not do it, but I'm going to do it for the rest of the yea..because I said I would and because I'm not happy unless I'm making myself miserable. No, really, it will be nice to have a little stash of gifties to share and the beautiful yarn won't be wasted like it often has been up until now. I'd finish the socks and stow the leftover yarn in a tote where it would all tangle up and usually get tossed at a later date when I was  cleaning.

I've already finished the first sock of my second pair for 2018 and because the yarn is white with colored flecks, I plan on knitting little sheep ornaments with the leftovers. We'll see how it goes. I always have socks simmering because they are portable to take on trips and Knit Night and folks can always use socks, but I usually have another project going as well. On Friday I'm going to start an Alaska hat. I just love the pattern of dark pine silhouettes against an evening sky. Here is the pic that came with the pattern.


Mine will be slightly different colors-black and a more dramatic sky. I'll post here when it's finished. 
What are YOU making?






Comments

Michelle said…
Yarn (I'm spindle-spinning). Haven't seen that hat before; it's beautiful!
Renee Anne said…
I'm working on a bunch of projects right now.....but some are in pseudo-hibernation and others are just hanging out, waiting for me to finish up other things......

Mostly, knitting. And doodling.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend