Guys On Ice 2018


Mum and I went to see Guys On Ice last Saturday at The Barrymore in Madison and had a ball! I try to go see the play at least once a year when it's in Milwaukee or Madison. It's part of my Christmas tradition. 

This year I made Packer Fish hats for each of the guys; Doug Mancheski, Dan Klarer and Steve Koehler. They (the hats) were goofy looking but I had so much fun making them, and the play gives me SO MUCH joy, I always want to give something in return. It never fails to bring me back to the ice shack on Pleasant Pond in Island Falls, Maine. Lloyd and Marvin become Daddy and Poppy sitting around shooting the breeze and telling jokes. Love it! Love it! Love it!

Here are the hats.

Here's Dan wearing his hat with the tail flipped rakishly forward.

Steve is looking none to happy in this pic, but dapper none-the-less! You wouldn't be happy if a fish has biting your head either! 

And here is Doug in his hat. I think his hat is a flounder since the eyes are kind of on the same side! 

This year was extra special because we got to go up on stage after the show and take pics with the guys. 


Guys and Gals On Ice!
 (Note: Marvin needs a shorter crate! My feet lost contact with the floor! :-))


Mum landing a lantern...and it's still lit!

I can't thank the boys enough for being so nice to us. Mum loved the play. She thought Doug and Dan were hilarious and Steve has 'one of the most beautiful voices she's ever heard'. I think she's caught my Guys On Ice Smittenness! 

I also got tickets for my friend and her son so see the play on the same day and they loved it too. If you get a chance to see it anywhere....GO! And if you get a chance to see Doug, Steve, and Dan (or Lee Becker), RUN to get those tickets! (They will be at the Barrymore this week too!) It's a little bright and warm spot in a dreary, dull winter! 

Comments

Lisa said…
One of my and my family's favorite shows from Northern Sky Theatre! If you ever get the chance, go see it out in the woods at Peninsula State Park.
Molly Bee said…
Thanks for the comment, Lisa! I got up there a couple of summers ago and was fortunate enough to see two shows-No Bones About it and Lumberjacks in Love. What a magical place!
Michelle said…
Looks like a favorite activity made especially memorable! I never went in an ice shack when we lived in Minnesota (I'm not a fan of torturing fish and don't eat 'em), but whole villages of them sprang up on the lakes around us.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend