Christmas Cookie Central


So the Christmas treats hit the fan this week at work. There is a gentleman in the company who makes huge bowls and platters for all of the buildings. I think I heard that at last count he and his wife bake 4,000+  of  all different kinds of cookies between Thanksgiving and Christmas! He arrived yesterday with two, huge bowls and a platter for our merry, little band here in the outlying building on Nobel Dr. (our new home). Sean's wife likes to bake so he brought some in too. The Sales folks have been sending generous gift baskets and boxes of sweets galore. It's been Sugarpalooza around here for over a week!

We apparently hit max capacity yesterday.  By 2 PM, most of the pounds and pounds of treats were gone (within 5 hours), the sugar buzz had been enjoyed, and  by then everyone was walking around in a sugar-crash daze, rubbing their swollen tummies and moaning. Since my tummy hasn't been 'quite right' since I was so sick a couple of weeks ago, I have been staying away from all of the sweets.  The potential consequences are so unpleasant that the cookies didn't even look good to me. So I had the singular pleasure of being the only 'sober' one in the building yesterday to listen to all of the misery as everyone's sugar saturation point was hit, knocked to the asphalt and then apparently dragged for blocks!

I had to smile as I heard a guy in the break room complaining that he couldn't eat any more cookies, as his mouth was full and he was reaching for another. Several people were downright angry about it, like it was the cookies' faults for existing! I usually fall into this category. On a normal year I would have absolutely no choice but to eat all the things. Santa says it's mandatory!

I have a beautiful box of treats that my friend, Hope, made and gave to me that I  squirreled away in the freezer until my holiday guests can help me enjoy them, but other than that, I think the cookie craze is over for a while here. Hopefully it will settle down a bit before the New Year's second wave of treats hits.

So, here in the Cheese Belt, we're buckled in the very last hole! Pray that we make it to January 2nd when a different kind of complaining will set in, as we all join the local gym and eat salads- for a couple of weeks anyway. Hope you are enjoying your holidays...in moderation!



Image result for free christmas cookie clip art

Comments

Michelle said…
I'm having mucho dental work done, which is the brake on MY Christmas cookie indulging. I've even lost a little weight (I'd rather have gained than to have dental issues, though)!

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend