How Do You Eat An Elephant?

The more things change the more they stay the same in many regards...new job, new office, yadda, yadda, yadda. Kinda feeling like I'm movin' ahead and like I might just be getting a handle on this adulting thing after all and then...I get my reality check.  Every. single. time. For instance,  I discovered this morning, when I dug out my winter jacket (that I bought a year ago October) that I had managed to wear it for the entire winter last year with the price tag still attached in the underarm. Now I know it's a heavy jacket and we had a kind of warm winter, but c'mon. I wore that jacket a lot. Couldn't one of y'all let me know that I was Minnie Pearling it??? I feel like one of you had to have noticed it...but then again why would you...I didn't. Sheesh. I'll always be the dorky misfit. I should just get used to it!

Speaking of winter coats, Moose and Cooper are all geared up for the cold weather (fancy segue, no?). They are both in fine fettle but this recent cold snap  has brought out the 'snuggle' in Moo and the 'I'm going to kick your tail feathers' in Cooper. Old Coop has a healthy dose of this year round, but I thing this particular 'endearing trait' gets ramped up to a full-fledged superpower when the humidity goes down and he has more energy. It may well be a payback for the newfound, but short-lived, trick Moose discovered this summer.

He was munching on his toy elephant* in the living room when Coop came wandering through. Moose stood up with the toy and shook it vigorously back and forth. At just the perfect moment, he lost control of it and off it flew, arcing through the air, nailing Cooper perfectly.. You could almost see Moose's little, ping pong ball brain exploding. For the rest of that day and much of the next two, every time Coop was in the vicinity, Moose would head for the elephant. He has an amazing amount of aim and accuracy for a little fella who often times pees on his own foot . Cooper would jump and run.  Then it got to the point where Coop would run if he saw Moose move toward the elephant.  Then it got to the point where he would run when he saw Moose.

I knew something had to give and it did.  Cooper finally decided that he would put an end to this bullying with a little bullying of his own. The next time the elephant flew his way, he batted it, ran at and tackled Moose and proceeded to kick the living snot out of him. Moose got away at one point and came running to me for protection, but I held tough. He made his bed, he should sleep on the lumps.

When Coop decided that Moose had gotten, and thoroughly understood, the message he was trying to impart, he  stopped the whuppin' and promptly took a bath. Stinky dog germs, doncha know.  Moose came to me for comfort and it was given. The elephant hasn't taken flight since. In fact, if Moose is chewing on him when the cat walks through, he will cease and desist and move away from it. Cooper's message was received! And all is well at Chez Bee again.

* Moose's elephant was given to him by Dale Harriet. He has chewed on it every day since and now it's just a suggestion of an elephant really. You can kind of tell, but you really have to use your make-believe! The trunk is gone, ears are in shreds, but he still tastes as delicious as he did that very first day. How does a little Chihuahua eat an elephant? One bite at a time!



Comments

Michelle said…
Oh, that is hilarious! I forgot how much I missed your most excellent story-telling! Animals are the best home entertainment....

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend