Texas Tells Tall Tales

While I was in Paris a couple of weekends ago, Sister Shiela asked me if I had seen the biggest knitting needles in the world. Me, being wise in all things knitting and stuff, was astonished to have to tell her' no'-never even heard of them. Seems they were just down the street from the campground so we jumped in the car and drove over to Casey, IL to see them. They were in a charming yarn shop on Main street. As a bonus, they also had the world's largest crochet hook!


I would have paid to have been there the day they worked up the sample on them.And I complain about working on anything bigger than a size 7 needle!


After we came out and got looking around, I realized that Texas has some 'splainin' to do!  They always bang their 'everything is bigger in Texas' drum, but I'm here to tell you, there is something in the water in Casey! Casey is home to:

The world's largest wind chime. You can even ring it! It makes an awesome deep sound.


The world's largest birdcage. I went for a ride on the swing inside. 


The world's largest rocking chair which I immediately claimed as my own because it was so cool. I do that sometimes. It's a throwback to my toddler days. MINE! There was no way to climb up into it so I guess I was literally 'off my rocker'.

The worlds largest wooden clogs (only one is pictured). I could have sworn I saw an old woman living in there. She seemed to have so many children she didn't know what to do!

The world's largest mailbox. We climbed up inside. The thing closes, you can put the flag up, and yes, you can even mail a letter up there. I think it's only for 'up in the air' mail though. 

And the world's biggest pencil for writing down big ideas. Don't worry! There's a big eraser on the other end for fixing big mistakes. 

I found out later that I missed the world's biggest golf tee, table fork, pitch fork and ear of corn.  So what say you Texas. It's put up or shut up time because, Casey? It's kind of a big deal!



Comments

Susan said…
If today was April 1 I would think that you had had some fun with your camera for an April Fool but I guess not. These appear to be real and I learned something today about Casey.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend