Doodle Jewels


There was a perfect storm this long Thanksgiving weekend; a bunch of tangle artists with extra time on their hands discovered several  'Jewel' tutorials that started popping up in Facebook Groups last week...Voila! There was a 'jewel storm' on the boards all weekend long, and the results were amazing! I had such a good time looking at everyone else's work, that you know I had to try it myself! I suspect this is exactly what caused the storm!

While I love color, I'm not very good with it... but I gave it the old college try. I drew a bunch of circles and just started trying the different techniques and color combinations. I'm still not satisfied. I have wicked 'jewel envy' from looking at other's work, but it was fun. 

Practice Sheet (tone on tones)

 Practice Sheet Two:Sakura shadow technique (Note-paper was two thin and it totally warped)

Practice Sheet Three:Trying to throw an odd color in every now and then. 

Purples

Have you tried Jewels yet? It's a great way to add a pop of color to black and white tangle work.  If you can't find the tutorials let me know and I can help you out! Happy Tangling!

Comments

I think your color and hi lights are quite nice!
Michelle said…
That purple one is a beauty!
Leeny said…
Another vote for the purple! Are these all Sakura pens?
Jeanene49 said…
I love the purple!!! Can you point me to some of the tutorials? Beyond just the basic coloring/shading--maybe it is the Sakura technique that you mentioned? Whatever makes the "textured, crackled" look on the gems. Thanks!
Michelle said…
Beautiful work!!

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend