Punkin Pirates and Pizza Party

I am so blessed to have the best bunch of fun friends ever in my life. Tonight, Rob and Joey invited me over to have some pizza and carve our pumpkins for All Hallow's Eve. It's their first Halloween in Madison and their furbaby, Bobo's, first Halloween ever! Rob carved the big pumpkin with the witch. Somehow I came away without a picture of Rob or of his lit pumpkin but it's awesome. You can see it there in the foreground The first one he's ever carved. He's a natural!

And show-off Joey free handed the little cat pumpkin for Bobo since, with his lack of opposable thumbs, he was having problems doing in himself. If you look back in the first pic, you can see that he performed all of the necessary quality assurance tests before he pronounced it pumpkinrific!
I fiddled with mine until theirs were finished, then we had pizza and a visit, then I fiddled with it some more until I got the result I wanted. I've never been known for being the quickest knife in the pumpkin.

It's pretty gnarly in the daylight, but I like the way it looks when it's lit.

This year I'm only putting it out in the evening when I'm here and bringing it in the rest of the time, or covering it or something. The squirrels munched the face off my Bentley pumpkin last year before Halloween even rolled around. How rude! But how could they resist. I'm betting a Bentley pumpkin is extra sweet. What pumpkin did YOU carve this year?

Comments

Elizabeth said…
I love your pirate!

We'll do ours on Saturday, so they have less time to rot before Halloween.
dale-harriet said…
Oh my STARS! MollyBee, it's BRILL-yunt! Mr. Dearling carves ours; I'll have to show him yours and see if he'd like to try that technique. I applaud you!!
MadCityMike said…
Looks/sounds like you had a very nice time with the boys and Bobo. VERY cool pumpkins!
Sus said…
I haven't carved pumpkins in forEVER! They get smashed into the street if left unattended for 4.5 seconds down around here. Love your pirate! He's gnARRRRRly! :)
terri browne said…
Wow Melinda, your pumpkin is amazing! We didn't carve any this year, but we did put some on display in front of our house. The squirrels started destroying them about 3.5 seconds later...
Barb said…
Very Impressive!
Cindy G said…
You can see how far behind I am on blog reading....

Your pumpkin is amazing.

It was good to see you Sat. Hope you are feeling better.

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend