Houston, We Have NO Problems!

Yesterday I concluded my45th successful mission completely around the sun and I was truly overwhelmed by the embarrassment of riches, both physical and emotional, that cascaded my way! I lead a blessed life and am surrounded by the best family and friends.

I kicked the successful mission celebration off by bringing a 4 layer pumpkin torte with caramel and candied pecans to work. I think my kids set a land speed eating record; I had the cleaned plate back in about 60 minutes! It got 15 sets of thumbs up!

I was amazed at all of the online, mailed and spoken wishes through out the day and was touched by the gifts. Friends Rob and Joey remembered a story I told them about the wee Wade Wimsey hedgehog, that my grandmother got in a box of Red Rose Tea, and how I loved it when I was little and they gave me one of my very own! I cried. Don't tell them though.


I went to Knit Night at The Ear and they were having their 10th anniversary bash so there were tons of people, and most importantly wine and cake, so the celebration continued. Friend Jen finished the hobby horse that she was making her daughter's birthday next week. The head is basically and large hand knit sock and it's on a dowel. Clever no? The picture is great but in real life it's ADORABLE. Any more wine and I may have given it a spin or two around the block!

When I got home in the wee hours, this beautiful bouquet was waiting on my doorstep. My upstairs neighbors, Mikes One and Two, dropped them by. I cried again. Don't tell them either.

This morning, I spent several minutes communing with the Macaws at my car wash. They were dancing to Copa Cabana. This guy has got the moves!

Then I took Rob and the two Joeys with me to Baraboo. We stopped at Ski Hi Orchard for apples, cider and cider donuts. Joey T. even bought some Root Beer Jelly. I decided to wait for the reviews to come in before I tried that one.

Then we went to one of my favorite spots in Wisconsin, Pewet's Nest. We had a successful hike; no one fell from a great height or got their shoes wet! We started out at the bottom or the gorge...


where there is a peek-a-book glimpse of the waterfall....
Then we climbed to the top and walked the path along the edge.

And looked down on the beautiful views.

Perfect weather, the woods, the water, and dear friends....it was an AMAZING day. I can't think of a better way to begin my 46th mission. My you all be as blessed...

Comments

Barb said…
Happy, Happy Birthday. It sounds like you celebrated in grand style. (How could you celebrate any differently?!?)
terri browne said…
Pewet's Nest looks beautiful! Where is it? I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday. You deserve it!
MadCityMike said…
Happy Belated Birthday!!! May you have many, many, many, more around the planet.
Cindy G said…
What a wonderful celebration! Many happy returns.
LamsieDee said…
Happy Belated Birthday, Molly. sounds like you had a terrific day. Love the mittens
Dee
http://liddlelamsiedivey.blogspot.com/
DPUTiger said…
Sounds like a fabulous 48 hours. Glad you enjoyed, and happy belated birthday!

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend