Cooper and The Garden Guest

I discovered earlier this summer that finches aren't the only thing that like my thistle seeds. Even though there is a plethora of seeds on the ground, this little daredevil shimmies up the iron pole, tightropes across the shepherd's hook, rappels down the rope and eats them directly from the source! 

He's a tiny White-Footed Wood Mouse and I see him most nights when I take Moose out before bed. We chat a bit and then I leave him to it. As long as he stays outside, we don't have any issues. 

Since he normally comes out after dark and I have closed the blinds way beforehand, Cooper has no idea that inches from his window seat hangs a potentially tasty hors d'oeuvre.  That all changed the other night when I walked down to Gus's diner in the daylight to meet a friend for supper and didn't get home until well after dark. I came home to this!


Come here, little guy. I just want to be your friend. 

So close and yet so far...I can't even stun him with my laser beam eyes!

Maybe if I climb up the window from the top of my cat tree, I can get the jump on him! Death from above!

He was going absolutely bananas so I finally closed the blinds. The minute I did,  Cooper immediately curled up and went to sleep on his window seat! No trying to get through the curtains. No more meowing and carrying on....he was done. Out of sight, out of mind! Now I pull the curtains at dusk and we haven't had a problem since. I wish all issues were resolved this easily!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend