Pseudo Spring and Half A Brain

The past few days have been lovely and rumor has it that they will get lovelier as the next week goes on. 50° in mid February?! While the East Coast is getting buried?!  I know we shouldn't get used to it because we know winter never goes away without a fight...usually she starts rabbit kicking along about basketball tournament week if memory serves...but I can't help it; Pseudo Spring always puts a ...well...spring...in my step. Just in time too because I was just at the point where, as my friend, Jen, says, 'I lose all will to live'. These past few days of warmer days and melty snow have prevented me from climbing the bell tower. Moose feels the same way. He's not a fan of snow but he is a big fan of lawn so his nose has been going into overdrive lately. I don't know why he doesn't hyperventilate and pass out.

I went over to Mt. Horeb today for my friend, Linda's, sister's funeral. Rhonda was only 47 years old. Way, way, way too soon to go. There are more and more folks my age (and younger in the obits) every day. I'm not liking it one bit. Pretty sobering. The service that Linda and her family put together was lovely. The music, Abide with Me and Eye on the Sparrow made me well up. The reverend reciting the lyrics to Irving Berlin's Always put me over the edge. Very touching.

I noticed on the way over and back that the sky was teeming with skeins and skeins of geese! Seems they are as confused by this Pseudo Spring as I am. I hope we're not all in for a rude awakening anytime soon. Of course there is always the chance that they are just getting to heck out of the US, despite the season, and back to saner soil in their homeland of Canada. They may be on to something actually.

This weekend I shall search the catacombs in the basement for my half finished Thinking Cap and finish it for the Science protests in April. It's only half finished. I was thrilled to learn that I was actually ahead of the curve on this once since I started it about 2 years ago-before it was even cool. I am nothing if not a trend-setter.


This here's my friend Carl, modeling the 'Thinking Cap'


Since it's not finished, I'm thinking Carl only has half a brain.....

My hands are still giving me fits, but I figure if I do a little of the miles and miles of I-cord required each day, it will be done in time. I saw a bit of inspired thinking this week. Some of the ladies that knit the Pussy hats for the first protest are just adding the I-Cord to that one. Dual duty!  There is also a great hat pattern floating around that has the cables that form a DNA strand much like the Dr. Montville's Double Helix Seaman Scarf that I made a few years back. I'm pretty sure I'll knit that one too. Maybe a hat and scarf both, since the first one was for a friend. My hands have to stop weeping and bleeding sometime,ya?!?!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend