Post Holiday Update

It’s been so long since I’ve updated, that I don’t know where to start. So much has happened over the holidays that I’d have to write 20 pages to catch up! I guess I’ll just cover knitting content this time around!

This is the felted hat I made for friend-Donna. The photo doesn’t show it well, but it’s just a basic brimmed hat, navy blue with blobs of color in it. She had mentioned that she would like one when we saw an example of it at The Ear. She used to have one but she left it on a train in Switzerland.





The next picture is of a mitten pattern I test drove, but don’t like it that well. The finger cab is boxy and too big because my Fair Isle is fairly tight. But I did like the afterthought mitten. All in all, I believe that this is destined to be a stag mitten. Maybe I’ll try again and drop a needle size for the finger cap. But not any time soon.

I made my Mum a cardigan but forgot to take a photo. She will send one soon so I can post it. I also made Gram a pair of socks but forgot to take a pic of them. I did take this picture of my socks. It was a pattern that I found in a magazine and I used Lucy Neatby’s Celestial yarn which I have fallen totally head over heels in love with. Figures since it costs 30 bucks a skein! I have extremely good taste! It feels like heavy weight pearl cotton even though it is merino wool. They feel yummy on!




Right now I am working on the top down crew neck cardigan that I couldn’t get the gumption up to do for Gram for Christmas. I’ve onlyworked on it a couple of times in the last week and am already at the place where you put the sleeves on holders, so it is going pretty fast. It is a Casade Quatro-fuchsia and light pink-two of Gram’s favorites. I will remember to take a picture of this one before it goes out the door!

Other than that I am working on another super secret project that I can’t talk about just yet so that kinda sucks, but after that I am going to investigate the world of miniature quilts. Authentic mini quilts have as many pieces as fill sized quilts but on a much smaller scale. They can take as long or longer that a full sized to construct, but take less fabric and take up less room! I think I will start with paper piecing because on such a small scale there is absolutely no room for error or it ruins the whole thing. I also like to hand quilt but haven’t the time or patience to do large quilts so the minis seem to be what I’m looking for. We’ll see.

The Holiday’s went well around Chez Bee. We had a lot of fun and arrived at the other side of the big events unscathed. Mr. Bee graduated Magna Cum Laude and is very greatful to have some down time.

I got many wonderful gifts this holiday; material, spiritual and emotional. Probably my favorite was getting to spend time with my nephews whom I haven’t really been close to the last several years. We had fun on Christmas Day as well as getting together to go geocaching and watch DVD’s. It was amazing to be together again.

My New Year’s Resolution is to get back in the swing of updating this blog more! I hope you all had a happy and safe holiday!

Comments

beanz said…
love the socks!

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend