All About The Ink

Business first! I haven't done a Diva Challenge for a while and finally took 15 minutes to sit down and do a real basic quicky for this week. Color is not my thing (obviously) but it was fun to give the new Sharpies a workout. The pink and blue grid pattern is one that I came up with recently. It's called 'Camden' and I will do the step-outs and post them soon.


Here is a color one I did a while ago.  I took the photo with the BubbleCam app that I added to my to my phone and it automagically does this to pictures! Pretty cool, no?

It's been all about the ink at our house this spring. I've been totally obsessed with Narwhal and have a big project going on the kitchen table right now. Clash of the Narwhals. It might be fun to make straight tusks, doodle it in pastels and glitter and call it 'Clash of The Unicorns' too! My friend, Klara, would be all over that!




Narwal is an easy pattern, but tangling it isn't easy when I have to get by Satan's Gatekeeper, 'Fang', in order to do it. (Actually he's just yawning here, but he is woefully unhelpful when it comes to drawing! The end of the pen moves just like a pesky mousie!)

Seems like every tangle that I do has Narwal in it somewhere. This is a doodle of a notebook that I did in MY notebook last weekend. I've seen several examples of the idea of this layout on line lately so I decided to try and emulate them. Narwal still showed up!

I created a new chop recently. Zentangle encourages you to use your initials to create a unique signature to put on your work- like a Chinese chop seal. I've discovered the 'M' and 'B' make a groovy kitty cat to sign my work with. Can you find him on this picture?

Anyway, so in between all of the chores, work, trips to parks and the zoo, movies, dinners and everything else there has been art. Because it's all about the ink.  

Comments

That is really clever to use technology to put colour into your tangle, but I did prefer the one you did all by hand. What an amazing narwhal tangle, it must have taken ages.
Michelle said…
I enlarged the photo and found your chop. It's ingenious!!!
Suzanne Fluhr said…
Looks like you have your very own tangle guard cat. Now if only you could convince him/her that she isn't supposed to protect the tangles from YOU. I like all the tiles you shared here. I'm really impressed that your tile for the Diva's challenge only took you 15 minutes. In 15 minutes, I've just about finished my string. ;-) Nice work.
Ilse said…
Lovely Diva tile!
Wonderful post! Especially I like the last ZIA ... it´s fantastic!
Cari Sultanik said…
Your color challenge tile is amazing--in just 15 minutes? Nice! I haven't tackled Narwal yet but you've inpsired me. It's funny how we are drawn to tangles that seem to crop up everywhere. For me, it tends to be Flux, Eyelet & Ribbon and Dragonair. And some others too!
Good to see you back again! Your colors are great and I love that cat. That's what cats do, that's why we LOVE them :-)
HeidiSue said…
Love that Diva Challenge tile! It's like a candy forest. But my favorite is the sketchbook page, with the layered "tiles" on the page. That is one of my favorite ways to tangle, myself. Stack a bunch of tiles on top of each other, and fill em with patterns. It always ends up looking so cool, and you've gone an extra mile with drawing paper clips and such! Just delightful.
Heather said…
Lovelyy blog you have

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend