The Diva's Open Space Challenge

I haven't been able to get to the Diva's Challenge for a few weeks now and I've missed it. I check every week to see what it is, which just makes it worse I think. But things have calmed down a bit at Chez Bee so this is my week to jump back in the pool!  This week's challenge was to leave some open space in your tangle. I am not an open-space leaver by nature. I like to cram every available inch with inky goodness so this was indeed a challenge for me. Here is my entry.

In other recent works....

This is what I mean by cramming every inch of the tile. Friend and Zentangle teacher extrordinaire, Sara MacGregor turned me on to the joys of tan tiles and brown pens. The highlighting is graphite,soapstone and white charcoal. I really liked the richness in the result. Sorry about the blurry pic.

This one is a commissioned piece for a friend I used to babysit back in the before times. It's a gift for her mum so Shhhhhh. 

And with all of the recent crappy weather, I've been uber-dreaming about spring. This is a Valentine I made for my Grammie  on paper that I dyed myself. It didn't help. We just got another 5 inches of snow yesterday.
 

But don't despair!


Comments

lilystangles said…
Beautiful tiles!
Anonymous said…
Love your challenge tile...under the sea comes to mind at first glance. Great job.

Joyce
Barb said…
WoW! These are beautiful! I hope Mr. Bentley is doing better.
Michelle said…
That top one is my FAVORITE!

How IS Bentley?
Unknown said…
I love your diva challenge! There's a very serene feel to it and the dragonfly works very nicely in the open space :)
Also I LOVE the cat commission piece you are doing. So great!
crotnem said…
Love the first tile for the challenge. Super looking garden of sorts. The next tile is just super, super awesome!Love the tan tiles.
Dayna Barnes said…
Wow, that is really, really pretty and crispy. I love it.
Anonymous said…
This is so nice. A little zen garden! I love the cat piece!!
Lianne said…
Georgous tiles. For a person who doesn't like white space you have achieved beautiful, balanced work.
Urban Rustic said…
lovely work!
BlackScorpio said…
Lovely! Your artwork is so whimsical!
Compliment, all are so very beautiful!!!! For me, being a cat lover, of course the zia with the cats is my favorite -:)
Carmela said…
The challenge is very elegant and organic, but al the other tiles are beautiful as wel.
Anonymous said…
Lots of lovely work! So fun to see it all!
Didisch said…
Very organic garden, It has a lot of movement and is beuatiful drawn. The second one is great because of the depth of the red color.
Great tile with the dragonfly. Think this would look great using gray or brown and doing a Zentangle® garden. You have used a number of the tangles.
Unknown said…
Your Diva's challenge piece is terrific, and the cats are wonderful. I also love your colored piece.
Helen said…
You did a lovely job including white space in your piece - it is beautiful and has an ethereal feel.
All are beautiful! Love the organic garden. Especially I like the second one. Wonderful colouring and shading!

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend